2. Click "Add" to add a new name format option - this is a collection of name formats to be used for an entire mailing or type of mailing.
3. For each tab, complete the following:
- Individuals - For the addressee and salutation, list the desired formats in order of importance. These will pull directly from individual records, if that format exists on the record. Otherwise, for both addressee and salutation, users can choose a pre-formatted option. Here, users can pull any combination listed, and if there is joint function for that particular format, then the spouse name will be included as well. This option allows users to include records where there may not be any name formats defined. It also gives users the ability to use the exact same layout for every individual – users can skip the list of desired formats and just choose that last option, to ensure a consistent look.
- Organizations - These name format options are very similar, except that the name formats are for the organization’s contacts, not the organization name. At the bottom of that tab, users can choose how they want names to show up if the organization doesn't’t have any contacts. Users can just output the organization name as needed.
- Households and Groups - this is also similar to the Individuals tab, except the output is based on the primary member for the household or group (seen on the Members tab of the constituent record). As with organizations, if there are no members listed, users can output the group/household name, or some other custom text there.
- Joint name formats - Define how those joint name formats specified for individuals (and contacts for organizations) work. Users can choose to output the selected constituent, primary constituent, male spouse or female spouse first, depending on the scenario, or can build a selection to specify which constituent in a spouse relationship should be listed first in the name format. The spouse name can be removed from the format under different circumstances. Note: Joint Name format options are only available for spouse relationships. Altru does not allow joint name format options to include different relationships like sisters, brothers, friends, etc.