Once support has created the custom field, you should be able to do the rest by following the below directions.
- Go to Fundraising and choose Donation Management.
- Find the donation form that you would like to add this custom field to and click Edit.
- Click 3. Design Donor Screens and click Edit next to Donation Form.
- Under the box on the left side of your screen, where it says "Select data elements to include in this form:", click New.
- Give your Data Element a name and Data Type
- Note: the data type of your Data Element needs to match the data type of your custom field. Example: if your custom field accepts True/False or Yes/No values, than you can't use Text String for your data element.
- Go to step 4. Update Contact and choose "Save on an existing profile field"
- The Field Type should be Additional Information and the Field will be whatever your custom field is labeled. (If you don't see your field, than the data type of the field conflicts with the data type of the data element.)
- Click Apply
1. Is this field visible on the Donation Form?
You'll want to make this field visible and customize how you want this question to be presented to the user. For example "Would you like to receive our monthly eNewsletters in Spanish?"
2. Is this field visible in the Transaction Summary?
You should make this field visible in the Transaction Summary, so you can see the answers for this field when you report on it.
3 and 4 is optional, which is your decision. The last 2 options will only display if your data element is True/False or Yes/No.
5. Display Style:
This will let you choose how you want the user to be able to answer the question. In this case, since we have a value of Yes/No for the Spanish opt-in, I would think a "Drop down" list would be most ideal.
6. Choice Labels
By default, this should already be configured how you want it. The "Label to Display" is what will appear in the dropdown menu for the user to select and will also be populated in the custom field on the Constituent360 profile.
You can report on this by running Transaction Details Reports and also running a query on this field.