The following steps can apply to both Blackbaud Merchant Services (for items run in the Virtual Terminal) and Blackbaud MobilePay transactions (for items run in the Blackbaud MobilePay standalone app. Charges run through the Raiser's Edge Mobile Event Management App are added to Batch through that app.)
1. Export the desired transactions from Blackbaud Merchant Services. The export will contain constituent and gift data in one file as seen in the Blackbaud Merchant Services transaction search results.
2. Format the data in Excel. Find the version number of your Raiser's Edge and refer to the corresponding example below. This file shows a sample Blackbaud Merchant Services export from step 1 and which fields to insert, add, and edit for The Raiser's Edge import:
- The Raiser's Edge 7.94 and higher (BBMSExportwithREimportfields-RE794andhigher.xls)
- The Raiser's Edge 7.93 and earlier (BBMSExportwithREimportfields-RE793andearlier.xls)
- Gift Date (GFDate) must be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY
- The Account holder field must be separated into FirstName, MidName, LastName fields. Then this field becomes GFCardholderName for import to the gift record.
- Credit Card date expiration (GFCCExpOn) must be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY. If only a month and year are present, then use the last date of the month. For example: 06/2014 should be formatted for import as 06/30/2014.
- Ensure the phone/email is formatted correctly based on your Raiser's Edge version.
- If needed, add any other constituent or gift fields required by your Raiser’s Edge system. For example, if your Raiser’s Edge requires a constituent code or a gift subtype, then those fields would have to be part of the import data file.
- For additional information on formatting the fields, refer to the following Knowledgebase solutions:
Note: There is a chance that records from your import file may already exist in your Raiser’s Edge. Import can can attempt to identify them:
- Review the validation report in a new constituent import:
- On the General tab: Select Import New Records, mark Validate records only, mark Use duplicate criteria for new records, Select Use the Import ID.
- On the Summary tab: Mark Create Control report and select Preview.
- Click Validate Now in the lower right.
- Or have the import create an exception file of suspected duplicates when running the live import. This will be file of constituents not added to your Raiser's Edge:
- On the Summary tab: Mark create exception file and press the "..." on the right to specify a file path and name for the exception file. Mark Create Control report and select Preview.
- The control report and exception file will list suspected duplicates. Review the records and determine how to handle these records . Some options are:
- After validation: Remove the applicable rows from the import data file. Review and enter these records manually, such as in a gift batch.
- After validation: Add the Import ID for these records to the file. For example, open the constituent record, go to File > Properties for the constituent Import ID. Add this to the data file so the information is added to an existing record.
- Select the Import option to Import new records to add all the records. Then use the Duplicate Constituent Management Tool afterwards to review possible duplicates.