If Blackbaud hosts your database, skip to Step 6.
- Review What ports need to be opened in a firewall(s) for RE mobile or the RE Event app to work? to ensure your organizations firewall is setup to allow Web Services to work.
- On the Raiser's Edge bar, click Web Services
- Under Available Services, click Blackbaud Web Services. The Blackbaud Web Services moves from under Available Services to Installed Services.
- Under Installed Services, click Blackbaud Web Services. The Configuration Options screen appears.
- Install the service:
- Ensure you are on a workstation or server that will be running and connected to the internet 24/7. The installation location must be running for users to utilize integration.
- Click Install Service. The Blackbaud Web Services Setup Wizard appears.
- Click the Open button to browse to a location in which to install Blackbaud Web Services.
- Click Next.
- Click Install. Blackbaud Web Services is installed to the location you specified
- After the installation completes, click OK. You will be returned to the Configuration Options screen
- If it is not already open, click Blackbaud Web Services to open the Configuration Options.
- Under Features, click ResearchPoint.
- Click Generate Key. The Customer Information screen appears.
- Enter your organization's Site ID and an email address associated with your Blackbaud Customer Account. Click Finish. The ResearchPoint web service should now be active.
- Provide these System Key instructions to users so they can enter it in The Raiser's Edge Configuration within ResearchPoint:
- Single-click Email to email the System Key directly to users from your default email application.
- Single-click Copy to clipboard to copy the System Key to your clipboard for pasting into a message, application, or ResearchPoint itself.
Refer to How to configure integration with ResearchPoint for additional steps within ResearchPoint. Additional information is available in the ResearchPoint Raiser's Edge Integration User Guide.