- Ensure the Selection is a constituent source view. A constituent source view is required for an appeal mailing process.
- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Find your query from the list and click the hyperlinked name of the query
- Under Type, you should see Constituent. This indicates the query is a constituent source view.
- If your query is not a Constituent selection, you will need to recreate your query using a Constituent Source view.
- Ensure a selection has been created. A selection makes the group of constituents you're grouping in a query, available to other processes in Altru, such as the Appeal Mailing Process.
- From the screen above, click Edit Definition on the left.
- On the Set Save Options Tab, ensure the box to Create a selection? is checked: Note: You can create either a dynamic or static selection for a mailing process. A dynamic selection will update and change as your data changes, whereas a static query is a snapshot of constituents that meet your query criteria at this moment in time.
- If the Create a selection? box is not checked, check this box and go back to the mailing. Your query should now be available to select in the mailing.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.