To enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0), complete the instructions listed below for your particular operating system:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue, which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
NOTE: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
If Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is not enabled, then common errors you may receive are:
- Error: Startup Error: Automation error Main Startup Step: CBBStartSeq.Startup Start Sequence Step: DetermineUserNameandPassword - when logging in on a Windows 10 workstation.
- Error: The wizard was interrupted before The Raiser's Edge could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. - when installing or updating on a Windows 10 operating system
- Error: The Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 (64-bit) installation has failed. Some features may not work properly. You may need to install it manually being installing the Raiser's Edge