If the instance is one of Blackbaud's pre-configured instances of SQL Server (i.e. RE_EXPRESS or FE_EXPRESS):
- Log into the server with a Windows account that is a member of the local administrator group, or verify that the Windows account has local administrator rights
- Verify that all users are logged out of any database that is using the instance of SQL Server, then restart the SQL Server.
- Reboot the server.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the express instance of SQL Server:
- Detach all databases that are using the instance in the Blackbaud Management Console.
- Remove SQL Server instance using Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel
- Repair the server for the Blackbaud Application to allow it to reinstall the pre-configured instance of SQL Server
Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue, which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
- If you have selected to use SQL Server Authentication to attach the database, verify that the username and password are correct.
- If you have selected Windows Authentication to attach the database, verify that the Windows account that you are logged in with has the sysadmin role to the SQL Server instance.
- Contact the database administrator or the agency/organization who installed and configured the instance to obtain SA credentials that can be used to attach the database.