To do so, go to http://contacts.google.com in your browser and log in.
Click on "more
- At the top left, click Gmail > Contacts.
- Click More > Export... .
- Choose whether to export all contacts or only one group.
- Select the format in which you'd like to export your contacts' information. Note that some of these formats can lose some contact information.
- Choose the Outlook CSV format.
- Click Export.
- Choose Save to Disk > OK.
- Select a location to save your file, and click OK.
- Within the Participant Center, click on Email in the top navigation, then Contacts on the right.
- Click on "Import Contacts", choose "File-based import for..."
- Choose your downloaded CSV
- Complete the import process.
*You may be taken to a newer version of contacts - https://contacts.google.com/preview/, if so, click on "More" on the left, then "Export" and you can move to the older version of Google Contacts and start above