Currently, Amazon Payments is disabled as a form of payment on all sites.
Why is it happening?
- Amazon has chosen to end their Amazon Flexible Payment Service (FPS), which is the service Luminate Online currently utilizes to process Amazon payments.
- For Luminate Online to continue to process payments via Amazon an entirely new customized integration would be required; we would not be able to reuse the current integration.
- Current use of Amazon as a form of payment on the Luminate Platform did not merit a significant product investment at this time.
Who will it affect?
- All current sustaining gifts where Amazon is the form of payment.
- Will not affect requests for refund until June 30, 2015
- Does not affect any other payment processor options offered within Luminate Online
- Amazon needs to be removed from all donation form payment selections. This will be done by LO Professional Services on June 1, 2015
- Organizations should reach-out to any sustaining giver who uses Amazon as the FOP and request that they update their gift.
- Any existing recurring gift cannot be updated so it will need to be cancelled and a new gift created that does not use Amazon FPS.
- Reports to determine current sustaining gifts using Amazon FPS are available in Report Writer transactions reports.
When does this need to be complete by?
- Amazon FPS will be ending effective June 1, 2015 for all new transactions requesting payment
- Amazon FPS will be ending effective June 30, 2015 for all transactions requesting refund
*To ensure that settlement data is received, we recommend a last refund request date of June 25, 2015.
What happens if a client can’t complete changes by the 15.5 release?
- All requests to Amazon attempted after June 1, 2015 will be rejected and not sent to Amazon for processing.