- Click Queries
- Select a category that you want to store this query in (I would suggest a category called Custom Account Queries)
- Select New Custom Account Query
- Name the Query Jane Doe*
- Set the Data Return Type to Accounts
- On the Browse Fields tab, choose Account from the drop down.
- Click Account Name. (You can also search by account number of existing constituents)
- On the right side, type in the name of the constituent as it appears on the constituent record.
- To add more constituents, click the "+" icon next to the Account name field. (You can use the the "-" to remove an account name. Repeat to add constituents.
- Click Save and View Queries
Then, create a second Query that uses your first Query as Starting Criteria*. This will tell the Query that you only want to pull donations from the accounts in that Query. You can use this Query again if someone else requests this as well as the next calendar year. The only change you will be to update the Starting Criteria* to that other donor's Custom Account Query.
- Click Queries
- Select a Category that you want to store this query in
- Select New Query under the tasks menu
- Name the Query Individual Donor's Transactions Last Year
- Set the Starting criteria to Your Category / Jane Doe* - A
- Set the Data Return Type to Journal Entries
- Under MATCH select Match each criteria
- Select Commonly Used Fields from the Available Fields drop down menu and click Journal Entry Date
- Select Last Year from the drop down under Range Type
- Select Commonly Used Fields from the Available Fields drop down menu and click Individual Transaction Received
- Fill in Greater Than or Equal To/$.01
- Click Save and Preview
How to create a Year End Letter Template
How to Create Documents for Year End Letters