- Open the appropriate Deposit record.
- For the Deposit amount, enter the total that the bank received (amount of payment, minus the credit card fee).
- On the Payments tab, click Add Payment.
- Enter the total amount of the Payment, not including the credit card fee.
- Enter the appropriate distribution on the GL Distribution tab> Save and Close.
- Create another Payment and enter a negative value in the Total amount field (for example -2.50 was the credit card fee).
- Enter in the appropriate information on the GL Distribution tab> Save and Close.
- Click Save and Close on the Deposit record.
Note: The General Ledger distribution of a Cash Receipts payment generally shows a credit distribution. On the GL distribution tab, the negative payment will show debit to the General Ledger account instead of a credit and will debit the Cash account.
Note: The ability to import negative payments is not supported.