- Reboot the workstation.
- If you use a wireless connection, connect the workstation to the network using a wired connection.
- Check the minimum system requirements and make sure your workstation is meeting these specs.
- Run a Speed Test while slowness is being experienced.
- Determine if all users experiencing performance issues.
- If not, what is the operating system and browser of the affected workstations?
- Are there differences in hardware between the affected workstations and those performing quickly?
- For example, if a user spends all day on a Windows 7 workstation, which has more memory (4GB+) do you still see this issue?
- While the issue is occurring, determine if the hardware; physical memory, hard drive utilization, or processor is maxed out.
- Start Task Manager. Look at the bottom of task manager, what do you see for CPU usage and memory usage?
- While reviewing the performance determine if any other processes running in the background are consuming substantial resources compared to the internet browser?
- Is the hard drive always working hard on these occasions? (I.e. the HDD led is either fully on or blinking rapidly.
- If yes, Perform a Disk Cleanup [Windows Vista] [Windows 7] [Windows 8]
- Keep a log of specific times when these issues occur Date & Time and include in attachments of case
- Contact Support and provide the solution ID.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.