To add a Recurring Gift:
- Create a new gift.
- In the Gift type field, select Recurring Gift.
- In the Gift date field, enter the Gift date.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount the constituent wants to donate at regular intervals.
- Click Schedule to open the Transaction Schedule screen. (In Batch, select Gift, Installment Information from the menu bar or click the Installment Information toolbar button.)
Note: The Ending on field is optional, so leave it blank if the gift is open-ended.
- Click Preview to view the transaction schedule.
- Click OK to return to the gift record (or the batch).
- Using the EFT optional module, you can automatically populate batches with recurring gift or pledge payments. To process recurring gift payments using EFT, select the payment method (e.g., Credit Card, Direct Debit), mark the EFT? checkbox, and add the remaining fields as needed.
- For more information, see How to automatically generate EFT transactions/payments
- Click Save and Close to save the gift.
To add a recurring gift payment:
- Create a new gift.
- From the menu bar, select Gift, Apply to, Recurring Gift. The Apply Gift to Recurring Gift screen appears.
- The Transaction amount field defaults with the amount of oldest outstanding recurring gift. Adjust it as needed.
- In the Pay? column, mark the checkbox next to the recurring gift toward which the payment should be applied.
- Click OK to return to the gift record. The fund, campaign, appeal, etc., default to the same values entered on the original recurring gift.
- Enter additional gift information as needed.
- Click Save and Close to add the gift record and apply it toward the constituent's recurring gift.
- Create a new gift batch.
- Mark the Automatically apply gifts to pledges and recurring gifts checkbox when committing the batch.
If the EFT optional module is present, automatically generate transactions/payments in a gift batch.
Additional Information:How to process credit cards and direct debits in The Raiser's Edge
Implementing a Recurring Gift Program (PDF)automatically populate batches with recurring gift or pledge payments