Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a static, gift query of the gifts to make into tribute gifts.
- Create a gift export and export Import ID in CSV format using the query created in step 1
- Open the CSV file using Microsoft Excel.
- Add a column to the file for the tribute import ID. The header is TribImpID.
- Save and close the file in CSV format
- In The Raiser's Edge, click Admin, Import
- Import the gifts
Note: If importing using a Gift import, we need 2 columns – GFImpID and TribImpID. Then mark to update the existing gift records. If importing using a Tribute Gift import, then we need three columns: TribGiftImpID, GFTLink, and TribImpID. The TribGiftImpID and GFTLink would have the same Gift Import ID in both columns. We would then do the import marking to import new records – not updating existing records.