The Suppress If Duplicated property prevents a field value from printing if it is identical to a duplicate of the value that comes immediately before it.
The value does not print, but the space in which it would have printed remains.
- In the Crystal report, highlight the desired field.
- Click the right mouse button and choose Format Field.
- Mark "Suppress if Duplicated" and click OK.
- Refresh the report data.
Insert a group section and place duplicated fields in that group section. For example, if a constituent's name and address is duplicated if multiple constituency codes exist, insert a group for the Sort Key field:
- From the Insert menu select Group and select the field Constituent.Sort Key
- In the Sort Key Group Header section, place the constituent fields that are duplicating (constituent name and address)
- The constituency code fields should remain in Details since each constituent can have multiple values