If you do not want to solicit the spouse record, do one or more of the following:
- Add a solicit code of 'Do not solicit' and exclude these records from mailings.
- Unmark the 'Send mail to this address' checkbox for each of the addresses.
- Ensure that the main record is marked as Head of Household. When running a mailing, select to mail to only constituents marked as head of household.
- Consider unmarking the 'Inactive' checkbox to easily exclude them from reports.
- Consider adding a special constituent code. For example, if you need to track additional information about event participants so you create a constituent record, add a constituent code of 'Event participant only'.