- Create a new export and select Blackbaud Conditional Word Merge as the export format.
- Select the fields to include in the merge letters on the Output tab.
- Click the Conditional merge wizard button
Note: If merging from Mail, click the Send to Word button instead of following steps 1, 2, and 3.
- In step 1 of the wizard, select the conditional field (for example, Letter code), and click Next.
- In step 2 of the wizard, click New Document to add the first conditional document. The Conditional Merge Document screen appears.
- Select the condition (e.g. equal to), select the value from the drop-down, and enter a description for the letter.
- Click Edit merge document to open the letter in Word.
- Word opens to a blank merge document. Notice the options in the action bar: Insert Raiser's Edge Field, Insert Word Field, and Save and Return to RE7 to Merge.
- When the merge fields are inserted and the text of the letter is complete, click Save and Return to RE7 to Merge.
- To make further changes to the merge document in Word, click Edit merge document.
- Click OK to return to step 2 of the Conditional Merge Wizard.
- Repeat steps 6 - 13 until all of the conditional merge documents are added.
- Click Finish to return to the export parameters screen.
- Click Merge Now to begin the merge process.
- If prompted, enter the name and location of the conditional merge documents, and click OK.
- Word opens, and the finished merge letters print to screen.
- Print the letters from Word.
For complete information, review the Mail Merge with Microsoft Word section of The Raiser's Edge & Microsoft Office Integration Guide (PDF).