- From the Data Entry screen of a gift batch, display the Constituent Window by selecting View, Constituent Window from the menu bar.
- In the Constituent Name column of a new row in the gift batch, enter the name of the new constituent.
- Press Tab on the keyboard. The Open screen for constituents appears. The new constituent's last name is entered in the Last/Org name and First name fields. Click Find Now to verify the new constituent does not have a record in the database.
- If you cannot locate the constituent in the database, click Add New and select whether to create an Individual or an Organization record
- If no field other than Last Name is marked as required (and you have entered the name in the Constituent Name column of the batch), you are returned to the batch window. Enter the constituent information in the Constituent Window.
- If a field other than Last Name is marked as required (or you did not type a name in the Constituent Name column of the batch), a New Individual or New Organization screen opens. Enter the constituent information in this screen. Click Save and Close.
Note: To return to the Constituent Window rather than the record, ensure that all the required fields are included in the Constituent Window and are populated.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.