To create a new template:
- From the Navigation Bar, select Journal Entry
- In the Batch type field, select Recurring Amount Batch or Recurring Percent Batch
- On the action bar, click New Recurring Amount Batch or click New Recurring Percent Batch
- Enter the batch ID and the description of the batch in the corresponding fields
- To use a default set for this recurring batch, click the binoculars to search for and select an existing default set
Note: If you choose a default set, the values appear in the Default (D) row of the journal entry grid. When entering transactions, the defaults can be inserted in cells by placing your cursor in a cell and pressing F2.
- In the Batch notes field, enter any comments to associate with the batch.
- Once you have entered a default set and/or batch notes, you can hide the Default set and Batch notes fields by clicking Hide Detail.
- Once you have entered the batch detail information, you can continue by entering recurring transactions and/or distributions, or you can click Save and Close and return to the batch later.
To use the recurring template:
- From the Journal Entry page, click New Regular Batch
- Enter a batch Description and click Save
- Select Batch>Use a Recurring Batch from the menu bar
- Select the appropriate batch and click Open, the Batch Information screen appears
- Enter a Post Date and click OK
When creating a Recurring Amount Batch or a Recurring Percent Batch, it asks for a post date. You have to open and post the batch. The software will not automatically post the batch on that date.
To post the batch:
- In Journal Entry, open the recurring batch that has not been posted.
- Click 'Batch', 'Post Batch'.