Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Read all of the instructions before preceding.
- From the Administration page, click Globally Change Records
- Highlight Constituent and click New Change
- If using a query, click Include, Selected Constituents on the General tab and select the appropriate constituent query
- In Available Fields, select Constituent Appeals, Date
- Select Operator: Add
- Enter the appropriate date in the Add field
- Leave the Overwrite existing value checkbox unmarked
- Click OK
- Click Change Now
NOTE: This adds the date to ALL appeals without a date.
If needing to add the date to a specific appeal:
- Create a static Constituent query and filter on Appeal Information, Description equals [the appeal name]
- Globally delete the appeal
- Globally add the appeal with the appropriate information including the date.
- Create a Constituent export and select the following fields on the Output tab:
Constituent Information, Import ID (or Constituent ID)
Appeals, Import ID
-On the Criteria window, select the appeal that needs to be updated
- Format the spreadsheet with the following columns:
ImportID (or ConsID)- constituent import ID (or constituent ID)
CAPImpID - appeal import ID
CAPDate - appeal date
- Save the spreadsheet in CSV format
- Import the updated appeal information