- Click Mail, Follow up Letters and Create a New Follow up Letter
- On the General tab, select the records for which to print the letters
- On the Fields to Include tab, select the appropriate fields to export. Customize which addressee and salutation is exported by clicking Options.
- On all other tabs, select the appropriate information as follows:
- On the Attributes tab, include or exclude records based on attributes. For example, you may exclude records marked with special mailing codes such as Deceased or Do Not Solicit.
- On the Address tab, select the appropriate address for this mailing. For information on Address Processing, refer to How does address processing work in Raiser's Edge 7 (BB518).
- Export the data:
- Select File, Export from the menu bar.
- Select the preferred data format. Typically, the requested format is comma-separated values (CSV). However, you should verify the format with your mailing house.
- Name the data file.
- Select a location in which to save the file. We recommend you save the data file to your hard drive (i.e., C:\MY DOCUMENTS\). Once the file is exported you can copy it to a disk if it is not too large. If the file is too large for one diskette, zip the file.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.