NOTE: In order to use the custom journal reference, you must post in Detail and specify to Use journal reference from Configuration in the Post to General Ledger settings from The Raiser's Edge:
To set up the customized journal references:
- In The Raiser's Edge Configuration, click General Ledger.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, select the first field to appear in the reference under Reference Field name.
- If a Custom Field needs to listed, but is not appearing in the drop-down, click the Fields option at the bottom of the screen to create a new Field Name.
- Define the maximum number of characters that field should display.
- Press tab to go to the next line and repeat until the Sample at the bottom of the screen shows the appropriate reference. Remember to include a space or hyphen in between fields.
- Exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge to save the changes.