If you use Blackbaud's education and financial software, your software shell has the title The Education Edge. From the shell drop-down menu, you can access all education modules (Admissions Office and Registrar's Office) and financial modules (such as General Ledger, Account Payable, and Account Receivable).
Managing security entails creating security groups, defining rights for the group, creating users, and assigning users to groups. Before you begin setting up Security, change the Supervisor password from the default.
The security groups have full access to all modules by default. To restrict a group's access to an area of the program, remove the check from the appropriate box under Group Privileges. You can further define security rights within an area of the program by highlighting it under Group Privileges and clicking Options. For example, you can establish add, edit, view, and delete rights for Records.
To create a new Group:
- Log in as Supervisor or a user with Supervisor rights
- Click Administration on the navigation bar
- Click Set up system security>New Group
- Enter the Group name
- Under Group Privileges, select which modules the users can access
- More narrowly define rights within Group Privileges by clicking Options and marking or unmarking options accordingly
For more information on security, refer to:
- How to add a new user
- How to rename a user name
- How to change a user's password
- How to find a user's user name and password
- How to delete a user name
- What to consider before deleting a user name in version 7
- How are rights affected if a user is a member of more than one Security Group?
- Administration Guide for The Financial Edge (PDF)
- Administration Guide for The Education Edge (PDF)