Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- On the Criteria tab, select Addresses, Preferred Address (or All Addresses), Zip equals [the 5-digit zip code]-????
- Click Administration, Globally Change Records
- Highlight Constituent and click New Change
- In the Show field, select Preferred Address (or All Addresses)
- Double-click ZIP
- Select Replace as the operator
- In the Replace field, enter [the 5-digit zip code]-????. This is the same value entered for the query in step 2.
- In the With field, enter the 5-digit zip code only
- Mark Use Pattern Matching
- Click OK
- Click Change Now
Note: If you need to delete the +4 extension for all ZIP codes, run the above global change one time per ZIP code.