Validating only checks data in the batch for correct entry format, if required fields are completed, and if values are active (such as table values or funds, appeals, and campaigns are active). The validation process has nothing to do with credit card or direct debit processing (i.e. "validating" does not "validate" credit card info or direct debit info to say if it's good or not.)
To validate a batch:
- If not already in a batch, open the desired batch.
- Click on Tools in the top menu and select Validate.
- Mark the desired options.
- Click Validate Now.
- Review the Validate results window:
- If the running totals/counts and projected totals/counts do not match, review your entry. If this feature is not being used, click Modify Batch Totals to equalize these fields.
- If there are Other Exceptions noted, click Print Exception Report in the lower left to view exceptions in detail.
- Click Close.
- Review the exceptions. If you do not see the exception in batch, be sure to check the Gift menu for each row. Exceptions can occur for information entered from this menu too.
- Repeat steps 2 - 7 until no exceptions are found.