Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the Format Zip Codes plug-in, which formats all US 9 digit zip codes in the database.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Log in to the workstation as a Local Administrator.
- Have all other users Exit and Sign out of The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Download the appropriate utility for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Select the option to Save this program to disk and save the file to the local hard-drive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation.
- Double-click the EXE file and when prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder of the workstation. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: FormatZipCodes.dll and dobFormatZipCodes.vbd
- Register FormatZipCodes.dll on the workstation.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7 and click Plug-Ins in The Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select Format Zip Codes
- Follow the prompts
Alternative solution: Manually editing the address and removing the dash and adding it back and then saving the record seems to correct the problem.