- On the Bio 1 tab of the Constituent record, click Declaration Information button and add a declaration. Change Pays Tax to Yes
- Enter the Declaration Made and Starts dates. Any gifts made on or after the Starts date that are entered into The Raiser's Edge are defaulted as Tax Claim Eligible on the Tax tab of the gift and are included in the R68 report unless disqualified by Gift Aid Rules.
- If the declaration indicator is oral, the confirmation sent date must be populated and confirmation letter which includes the declaration start date sent to the constituent.
If a constituent has signed a declaration for one specific gift to be tax claim eligible:
- On the Bio 1 tab of the Constituent record, click Declaration Information button add a declaration. Change Pays Tax to Yes
- Enter the Declaration Made and Starts, and End date
- If the declaration indicator is oral, the confirmation send date must be populated, and must be before the gift date.
- When entering the gift, on the Tax tab, the Tax Claim Eligible checkbox will default marked. Save and Close the gift.
- Any future gifts made after the end date of the declaration will not default as tax claim eligible, because there is no valid declaration for the gifts.
Beginning with version 7.80, the gifts only default as tax claim eligible if they meet the gift aid qualification rules. For information on globally changing the tax claim eligible status of gifts, refer to BB87568.