If the deposit has already been marked as closed:
- In Records, Deposits, locate and open the deposit.
- On the Deposit tab, change the status from Closed to Open.
- Unmark the Cleared checkbox if appropriate.
- Save the deposit.
- Select the Payments tab, highlight the Payment and click open.
- Select Payment, Void this payment from the menu bar.
- On the Void Payment screen, enter the appropriate information and click Void Payment Now.
If the payment is applied to a generated advance deposit, you must first unapply and delete the generated credit before unapplying and deleting the payment. Notes:
- Reversing entries are created the next time you post.
- A payment cannot be voided if the deposit it is associated with has been reconciled. Voiding a payment could also change the deposit total, depending on the option selected when voiding the deposit, which could cause potential reconciliation issues.
- If you have the optional module Cash Management you have additional options available. Refer to What are the available options when voiding a payment.
- A payment cannot be voided if it has a status of not yet posted, instead this payment can simply be deleted.