Export the data to create a data file for use in a Mail Merge in Microsoft Word.
- Open the Receipt parameters and select the Format tab.
- Add a custom message with the date that is being receipted for consolidated receipts.
- Create a constituent query for constituents who gave gifts that need to be acknowledged or receipted. For example, use the criterion Gift, Acknowledge = Not Acknowledged to find constituents with gifts that need to be acknowledged or Gift, Receipt = Not Receipted to find constituents with gifts that have not been receipted.
- Create a gift query for the gifts that need to be acknowledged or receipted. For example, use the criterion Gift Information, Acknowledge = Not Acknowledged to find gifts that have not been acknowledged or the criterion Gift Information, Receipt = Not Receipted to find gifts that have not been receipted.
- Create a constituent export
- On the General tab, select the constituent query created in step 1.
- On the Output tab, select the fields to include on the receipt or acknowledgement letter.
- When selecting the first Gift field, the Gift Criteria screen appears. On the General tab, enter the maximum number of gifts to be receipted or acknowledged per constituent.
- On the Filters tab, select Selected on the Query row. Search for and select the gift query created in step 2.
- Click OK on the Gift Criteria screen.
- Use the Word integration feature in Export to create and merge the receipts or letters.
- Use Mail, Receipts to create a constituent output query and a gift output query. This will allow you to have a list of all the people you need to send receipts to as well as a list of gifts that that need to be receipted. To do this, set up each tab in the receipts as you normally would and select Create Constituent (then Gift) Output query on the General tab. Click Export. and you will be prompted to name the query. You may then close the receipts
Note: For thank you letters, use the Mail function, Donor Acknowledgement Letters instead of Receipts.
- Create a constituent export. Select Blackbaud Simple Word Merge as the export format if you would like to use the Mail Merge Wizard, otherwise choose Microsoft Word Merge File.
- On the General tab, select the constituent query that was created.
- On the Output tab, select any field that you want to use as a merge field in your receipts (e.g. anything that you would have included on the Fields to Include tab in the Mail module).
- When you select any gift fields, you get a pop-up box asking for gift criteria. For the number of gifts to export, enter the highest number of gifts that you think any constituent might have. On the Filters tab, under query, select the gift query that you created.
- Once you have selected all of your fields, Click Edit Merge Document (if you chose Blackbaud Simple Word Merge) or Export (if you chose Microsoft Word Merge File). You will then create your merge document. You will see when you insert merge fields, there will be information for Gift1, Gift2, etc.
- After the letter is set up, Merge.
- If you want these gifts to be marked as receipted, you will need to run your gift query back through the Receipt function in Mail and say yes to the prompt that asks if you would like to mark the gifts as receipted.