To add a fiscal year:
- In Financial Edge, select Configuration from the left hand toolbar, then click Fiscal Years.
- Click New Fiscal Year.
- In the Fiscal Year ID field, enter a unique ID for the year.
- In the Description field, enter a description.
- In the There are [ ] periods in this fiscal year field, select a number of periods for the fiscal year.
- To copy periods from an existing fiscal year, click Copy From, select a fiscal year to copy and click Select.
To automatically complete the periods based on the previous fiscal year, click Auto-Complete.
- In the Start Date and End Date columns, enter/confirm the beginning and ending dates of your fiscal periods.
- Click Save and Close
To edit a fiscal year:
Note: If the fiscal year already exists, enter the correct ending dates for the fiscal periods. The start date of the following period will update accordingly. You can modify the period start and end dates as long as the date change will not cause any existing transactions to fall into a different fiscal period. If this occurs, you will be unable to save the changes. Refer to Error: You cannot modify this period because it will cause one or more existing transactions to fall into a different period when editing accounting period for more information.
- From the Configuration page, click Fiscal Years
- Edit the Fiscal Year ID or Description fields as appropriate
- In the Start Date and End Date columns, enter the ending dates of your fiscal periods.