Tip: Benefits of activation include:
1. A read-only ODBC connection named REOpen7 (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe > System DSN tab) is created which can be used by an external application to connect directly to the database.
2. Unlocks the Database Reference Guide (under the Help menu) which will allow you to search and find information on how the database tables are linked.
3. This also enables you to view the SQL code (Ctrl + Q) behind an RE/FE/EE query.
4. Unlocks the Read-Only Database Assistance Query Tool plug-in which allows SQL queries to be performed within the Blackbaud application itself.
- Select Tools > Unlock Add-On Modules from the menu bar
- On the Unlock Optional Modules screen, enter your unlock code (case sensitive) and click OK
- The Select RE:Open or FE Username and Password screen appears. Create a username and password. You may use these when connecting to the database using external applications (ex: Crystal Reports). Please note that this does not affect the username and password used to log into the Blackbaud application (RE/FE/EE). The username defaults to REOPEN7, but you can change this.
- If you're prompted for additional credentials to access the SQL Server database, this indicates either the password specified does not meet complexity requirements or your Windows account does not have rights to create users on the SQL Server.
- Do not use apostrophes (') or quotation marks (") in your password.
- For SQL Server 2005 and above databases, passwords must meet complexity requirements which are defined by your organization's network Domain Policy. For more information about domain policies, refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms161959.aspx
- After you enter the username and password, exit and sign out of the Blackbaud application. After you log back in, RODBA will be activated. The Plug-Ins page includes the Read Only Database Assistance Query Tool, and you can view a query's SQL statement by selecting View > SQL from the menu bar.
The Read Only Database Assistance Query Tool gives you several advanced database tools within RE/FE/EE.
- On the SQL tab, you can write advanced queries that interact directly with the RE/FE/EE database table structure. The Blackbaud application remembers the last 10 queries you write using the Read Only Database Assistance Query Tool.
- The Plan tab shows in detail how the query gets the data from the requested data.
- The Results tab shows the query results.
- The Tables tab lists the appropriate tables within RE/FE/EE and information about the fields within each table including links and indexes.
- Open Microsoft Access
- Select Create a New Database > Blank Database and click OK
- Name the new database, save it in an appropriate location, and click Create.
- Select File > Get External Data > Link Tables from the menu bar.
- For the Files of Type option, select ODBC Databases ().
- The Select Data Source screen appears. On the Machine Data Source tab, select REOpen7 and click OK.
- On the Link Tables screen, click Select All and then click OK.
- Click OK at the remainder of the prompts.
You can now create views and queries in Microsoft Access, which allows you to write queries in a visual manner as opposed to a straight written query as you would in the Read Only Database Assistance Query Tool.
For more information, refer to the Read-Only Database Assistance (RODBA) for The Raiser's Edge 7 FAQs and select RODBA.Disclaimer: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing the resolution from these websites.