Grade: The raw grade for the class. For example if a Student receives a Grade 87 at the end of a term for a science class. 87 is the raw grade for the class.
Score: Grade and Score are the same thing. The Score can be the raw grade or the number you see under the column header Equiv Score2 in the Grade Translation table. To find out which to use, edit the Grade Category* associated with the Grade Plan. If the Use Equivalent Score to calculate the GPA is checked, you'll want to use the Equiv Score2 from the Grade Translation.
Weight: Found at the course base and can be used in conjunction with courses such as AP/Honors to give their grade a heavier weight.
Alt Equiv. Score: Additional values in the grade translation that can be used to calculate a GPA
Alt Weight: Another option at the course base to use to give a heavier weight for a class such as AP/Honors
Credits Attempted: The credits recorded up until the current term when the year is not completed. For example if we have a 1 credit course that runs 4 quarters that have equal credit then the credits attempted for a student at the end of the 3rd Quarter are .75 credits.
Credits Attempting: The credits the Student is attempting for the current term.
Example: If a school would like to predict a Student's GPA prior to the end of a term they can use Credits Attempting. However if Award Credits per term is checked on a course, Credits Attempting will look at what is set for credits when the course was offered. If the Award Credits per term is set to 0, Credits Attempting for the course will be 0. Currently in Award Credits per term we can only set for Credits Earned and not for Credits Attempting/Credits Attempted.
Credits Earned: The total credits earned for a completed term.
Sum of Grades: If a student has 5 classes and all of the classes have grades that are being pulled into the GPA then the sum of grades would be 5. (regardless if the classes are one term, two term, three term or all year long).
Sum of Weights: If a student has 5 classes and all of the classes have grades that are being pulled into the GPA and each class has a weight of 2 then the Sum of Weights would be 10.
To find out if Use Equivalent Score to calculate the GPA is checked follow the steps below from Grade Plan, Grade Category to Grade Translation:
Accessing Grade Plans to check Grade Category:
- onRecord > Settings > Grading > Grade Plans
- Select Grade Plan Group > click on View
- Across from Grade Plan name click on View to see the Grade Plan Details. In this example we are looking at the grade with the Grade Description called Final and across from the name the Grade Category being used is Letter Grades.
Accessing Grade Category to see which Grade Translation is used and if Use Equivalent Score to calculate the GPA is checked:
- onRecord > Grading > Settings
- Click on Grade Categories
- Across from the Grade Category named Letter Grades check the name of the Grade Translation being used
- Click Edit across from the Grade Category name to see if Use Equivalent Score to calculate the GPA is checked. If it is checked then on the Grade Translation you will use Equiv Score2 to calculate the GPA.
To access the Grade Translation:
- onRecord > Grading > Settings
- Click on Grade Translations
- Under the Grade Translation name you will find a column titled Equiv Score2 This is the number you will use to calculate the GPA.