The overall wealth rating is a once a year calculated rating on all Individual constituents in your database. If a new constituent is added it may take up to 24 hours for a rating to appear. If the preferred address is changed, the constituent will be screened again.
The rating is based on a high confidence of ownership of an asset. The ratings that an individual constituent receives will not include assets that are owned by a spouse, or household.
The rating is calculated by adding the following:
- Real Estate (based on name and address)
- Private company information (based on reported ownership percentage)
- High confidence public company insider holdings
- High confidence public company insider options
In the database view, on the Prospect tab, under Ratings this will appear as a letter, where A indicates those with high wealth and G indicates those with a lower wealth total. Both ratings reflect the numerical value of the constituent's assets.
Review the breakdown below to see how every letter compares to their coinciding star rating.
Suggested Donor Type
A constituent may receive one of the following suggested donor types;
1. Major (M) - a donor who is likely to give $1,000.00 or more to your organization each year
2. Annual (A) - a donor who is likely to give less than $1,000.00 to your organization each year
3. Suspect (S) - a donor who is not likely to give to your organization each year
In the web view we are given the full name of the suggested donor type
In the database view we only see the letter associated with the donor type
Next ask amount
The next ask amount is used to help your organization decide how much money you should ask a donor for based on their estimated assets. Although, the next ask amount is recommendation, your organization may ask a donor for more or less.
In the web view we see the range of values that your organization can ask for next based on their estimated assets.
In the database view we see the minimum ask amount in one rating and the maximum ask amount in another rating
To learn more about your NXT ratings please visit our NXT user guides or visit our training course for the web view and the database view.