- Download and install the latest patch which contains all fixes from previous patches.
- If the issue is still occurring on a computer after installing the latest patch, download the DeleteVirtualStore.exe utility to the local hard drive of the computer having the issue. Double-click DeleteVirtualStore.exe, and when prompted, unzip the file. Double-click on the DeleteVirtualStore.bat file while logged onto the computer with the Windows user experiencing the issue to clear out any problematic files located in the virtual store.
Using the Raiser's Edge 7.94 or lower:
Download and install the latest version and then install the latest patch. If you are not ready or able to upgrade to the latest version at this time, then complete the following three (3) steps in order to resolve this issue:
Launch the Raiser's Edge right-clicking on The Raiser's Edge shortcut/icon and selecting the option to "Run as administrator". If prompted for the Administrator password, enter a Windows user name and password with administrator rights. When prompted, install the patch.
- While logged in as the affected Windows user, rename or delete all instances of the BBUpdate.ini file located in your Raiser's Edge Virtual Store:
- C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge\ (64-bit operating systems).
- C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge\ (32-bit operating systems).
- Launch and log into the Raiser's Edge.
For information on User Account Control, and what it is, please see What is User Account Control (UAC)?