- Clients hosted by Blacbaud will refer to this article : How to set up The Raiser's Edge and The Financial Edge integration when Blackbaud hosts your data
- We recommend that you automatically synchronize data every 15 minutes.
- The Scheduled Task must be set up on a workstation with both The Raiser's Edge and education software installed.
- You may want to dedicate a workstation to this task.
To Create the Scheduled Task complete the following:
- From your Windows Start menu, select Administrative Tools, Task Scheduler.
- Under Actions, click Create Task
- Make the following selections or entries described below for each of the tabs mentioned:
- Enter a name for the task (i.e. EERESynchronization)
- Mark radio button for "Run whether user is logged on or not"
- In the "Security Options" section, enter or select the network user name / Windows account of the individual responsible for synchronizing data.
Note: Blackbaud recommends creating a separate user account on your network for processing the Microsoft Scheduled Task Wizard for your Raiser's Edge and Education software synchronized data. This Windows user should have local administrator rights on the designated computer that will run the synchronization task.
- Check box for "Run with highest privileges"
- Select "New" button
- For Begin the task, select "On a schedule"
- Under the Settings section, we recommend that you select "Daily"
- In the "Start" time field, enter the date and time you want to begin to automatically synchronize data.
- Under Advanced Settings section, select "Repeat task every:" and "15 minutes" (recommended) in the drop down and "for a duration of" Indefinitely
- Mark box for "Enabled"
- Click OK
- Select "New" button
- For Action, leave default "Start a program"
- Under "Settings" for the Program/script, select the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\ (32-bit operating systems) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\ (64-bit operating systems) and select EEREIntegration.exe.
- For the process to access the correct database, you need to add more information to the end of the text in the Program/script field:
To be prompted each time the task is scheduled to run, enter a space after the last quotation mark and enter: /p[database number] /n[serial number] For the task to run without prompting you, enter a space after the last quotation mark and enter: /p[database number] /n[serial number] /s
For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\EEREIntegration.exe" /p5 /nWGLASA11115 /s
Please note: there is a space after the database number and a space after the serial number.
The [serial number] referenced above should be your education software serial number (e.g. WGLASA11111)
The [database number] referenced above is the number found on the AFN_INI registry key (e.g. enter 1 for AFNINI_1)
- When you receive the message "It appears as though arguments have been included in the Program text box. Do you want to run the following program:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\EEREIntegration.exe" (using the example above)
With the following arguments:
/p5 /nWGLASA1115 /s (using the example above)
- Click OK.
- When prompted, enter the password for the Windows account that will be running the Scheduled Task which was entered on the General tab and then click OK.