If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge:
- ResyncAddrSal.exe: Versions 7.60 and higher
- Save ResyncAddrSal.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed
- Double-click ResyncAddrSal.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains ResyncAddrSal.dll and ResyncAddrSal.vbd.
- Register ResyncAddrSal.dll on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Education Edge
- Log into The Education Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click Miscellaneous
- Click the Resync Addressee/Salutation Information link
- Follow the prompts