- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add an Ad-hoc Query
- Select the source view of Constituents and click OK. Note: A constituents source view is required for the Appeal Mailing process in Altru.
- To find if someone has purchased any ticket, in the left column, expand Sales Order and highlight Sales Order Item. In the middle column, drag Type to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to Ticket:
- To find if someone has purchased a specific ticket, expand Sales Order Item, then expand Sales Order Item Ticket.
- Here you can use several fields depending on what you are looking for. You can also use a combination of these fields to get the results you are looking for:
- To find all ticket buyers from a specific program, highlight program and drag Program Record from the middle column to Include Records Where:
- To find all ticket buyers from a specific program category, highlight Program and drag Category from the middle column to Include Records Where:
- To find all ticket buyers from a specific program event. highlight Program Event and drag Event Record to Include Records Where:
- To find all ticket buyers from any programs within certain dates, highlight Program Event and drag Start Date from the middle column to Include Records Where:
- Once you have added the appropriate fields to Include Records Where, go to the Set Save Options tab and name your query. Also be sure to check the box to create a selection. This will make the selection available to our mailing process. Note: You do not need to add anything other than Name in Results fields to display. Our mailing process will output all of the information we need for our mailing.
The next step will be to create an appeal mailing and use this selection as the selection of constituents that will receive this mailing. You can use an appeal mailing to merge a document, send an email, or generate a spreadsheet list. The appeal mailing process will also allow you to send one letter per household.
For the specific steps on creating and running an appeal mailing, see our related Knowledgebase Solution: How to add and run an appeal mailing.