When importing a marketing effort which contains test segments, exceptions are given in batch but the batch is committed anyway through the import process and a blank exception batch is also created. The error given is "Test segment code matches an existing test segment, but the test segment name does not match that same test segment." We can manually add test segments with the same information manually to the marketing effort.
We're currently evaluating this issue for a fix in a future patch or service pack.
Steps to Duplicate
1. Go to Administration > Import
2. Select the Import parameter
3. Start the process
4. A batch is created and committed during the processing
5. Records are "successfully processed"
6. An exception batch is made
7. Open the exception batch and it's blank
8. Open the committed batch and there are records committed with the above message.
9. These test segments have not actually committed as they are not on the marketing effort.
10. You can manually add a Test segment with this characteristics