On Windows machines:
- Locate the Citrix icon in your icons tray
- If you do not see the Citrix Receiver in your Notification Area (System Tray) you can enable it or launch the Citrix Control Center manually.
- Right-click the icon and select "Connection Center"
- Highlight the application server name next to the folder icon under the Active heading
- Click the Log Off button
- Follow the prompts to force log off the session
- Close the Citrix Connection Center
- Wait 60 seconds
- Launch the Hosted Application again
For Citrix Receiver version 3.3 and higher: Upgrade to the latest version of the Citrix Receiver.
For Citrix Receiver version 3.2 and lower: Update to the latest version of the Citrix Receiver.
For Citrix Viewer/Receiver on Mac machines:
- Open Activity Monitor from the Utilities folder. The Utilities folder may be access via Launchpad, searching by name in Finder, or from the Finder menu bar, Go > Utilities > Activity Monitor
- Highlight the Citrix application icon
- Click the Quit Process button (red stop sign)
- Switch to another application, such as Finder, then from the Apple logo icon, select Force Quit and select the Citrixapplication.
- Affected Blackbaud Hosting Services and Application username(s)
- The exact steps to duplicate the issue (click by click).
- The name of the Blackbaud application affected.