- Create a new constituent dynamic query with the criteria:
- First Gift > Gift Date blank
- In the query, go to Tools > Query options > Gift processing tab to review soft credit and matching gift options:
- If any soft credit should count as a gift, use Both or Recipient.
- If a matching gift pledge or payment should count, use Both.
- To consider "hard credits" only, make soft credit Donor and matching gift as Company.
- Save and close the query.
- Go to Config > Business Rules > Gift and click New Adding Gift Rule at the top.
- Add a Rule name such as: First Gift Alert.
- Click on the binoculars at the far right of the Query field. Search and add the query created in steps 1 -3.
- In the message, enter a text to display for the alert and any needed action such as: This is a first gift! Use the First Gift letter code.
- Optionally, mark Apply Rule to Selected Security Groups Only so this rule only appears for users that do gift entry. Move their security group(s) from left to right.
- Click OK.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.