Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.
The error occurs when saving a user defined data list that was created for a Revenue (from the Blackbaud Data Warehouse) query view after setting a filter in a data list, specifically when setting filters for attributes and smart fields. This does not occur in data lists created from the Revenue query view.
1. Create a revenue query using the Revenue (from the Blackbaud Data Warehouse) query view
2. Add any fields desired, being sure to add at least one attribute and\or smart field.
3. Save query
4. Re-open query then click Create Data List, enter a name, then save and close query
5. Go to Administration\Application\Features\New Data lists, select your newly created data list
6. On the left side click the Edit button
7. Click on the Set save options tab
8. Scroll down and find the field that contains either an Attribute or smart field.
9. Click the box in the Filter column, and select any value in the Filter operator
10. Click Save or Save and close, receive error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."