Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Only the latest patch is available for download or on CD. Our patches are cumulative and contain all fixes from previous patches.
- Before installing the patch, verify Faculty Access for the Web is running the version and patch available on Downloads. The patch is not compatible with earlier versions. If you are not currently running the latest version and patch, download and install them before installing the patch.
- The patch can only be run once.
- After you update the server, each workstation must be updated by a person with local administrator rights.
How to install the patch
- Check the NetClassroom software revision number that is currently installed. This will be used later to verify the patch was properly loaded.
- Verify you are logged into the Web server as a local administrator.
- Close out of all other applications running on the machine.
- On our Web site, select Downloads from the Support menu and then click NetClassroom.
- In the Cumulative Patch section, click the executable link and then click Save on the File Download screen to save the executable to your Web server's hard drive.
- When the download completes, double-click the executable to launch it on the server.
- Click Finish once you are prompted that the update completed successfully.
- Log into program from the server and check the software revision number. Verify that it is larger than the one noted in step 2.