|This is planned to be resolved in Raiser's Edge 7.96, which will be released and applied to databases in Blackbaud Hosting Services in fall 2016. For further updates on this release, please refer to our Release page.|
- Create a gift query of the gifts that require split gift information to be imported.
- Use that gift query in Export to export in Excel format the Gift import ID and Portion subject to VAT fields
- Open the Exported file in Excel and select File, Save As and save as a CSV file.
- Then open the exported Excel file again and change the Portion subject to VAT to £1 and save as a CSV file, but with a different name to the file saved in Step 3. Note that this amount needs to be less than or equal to the lowest split amount to be imported.
- In Raiser's Edge use the file saved in step 4 in Admin > Import > Gift > Gift import to Update Existing Records. For example, if the portion subject to VAT in the exported file was £10 and the file saved in step 4 changed this to £1, then this import will change it to £1 on the Tax tab of the gift.
- Import the split gift file and, as the Portion subject to VAT no longer exceeds the amount on the split gifts, then the issue discussed above should not occur.
- When complete and split gift now show correctly on the gifts, then use the file saved in step 3, with the original Portion subject to VAT amount in a gift import to Update Existing records, to return this to the original amount - eg £10.