- Under the Events module, click Edit next to the appropriate event
- Skip to step 11 - Publish
- Copy the event URL
- Add your promotion code to the end of your URL with the following prefix, "&s_promoCode="
- For example, the XYZ organization created a ticket type specifically for staff members using the promo code, "staff2020". Based on this information and their event ID of 110263, the specialized URL would appear the following way: http://secure3.convio.net/xyz/site/Calendar?id=110263&view=Detail&s_promoCode=staff2020
- Alternatively, promo codes can be used with the registration page and would appear the following way: https://secure3.convio.net/xyz/site/Ticketing?view=Tickets&id=110263&s_promoCode=staff2020
- Go to Fundraising > select TeamRaiser
- Find your TeamRaiser and click Edit
- Go to step 7. Manage Participation Types
- Find the promotional participation type and click Edit
- Go to step 7b. Select Type Options
- Type the promo code under options 2. Promotion Code
- Click Next
- Now skip to step 17. Publish and copy the URL showing below the TeamRaiser Entry Point
- Append the following URL argument at the end of the URL: "&s_promoCode=" with your promo code after the equal sign.
When users go to that link and click register, the promo code will be saved in their browser session and will be able to see the hidden participation type link