- Try accessing eTapestry from a different browser. If the database runs quickly in one browser, but not another, you may need to work with your IT department to ensure that the settings for the browser that causes slowness are up to date. We have a list of the supported browsers available at What browsers are compatible with eTapestry?.
- Attempt to access eTapestry from a different internet connection. If you move to a different location and you are able to access the database at a normal speed, there is likely an issue with your internet connectivity.
- If you are accessing eTapestry from a remote desktop connection, attempt to disconnect from the remote connection when accessing the database.
- Check with your IT department to ensure that you do not have any firewalls that would cause slowness in the database.
- If you run a query-based process in the database, you will be unable to complete any other query-based processes until the original process completes. For example, if you preview a query, you will not be able to run a mass update until the query finishes running even if you navigate away from the query preview screen. Please see Error: Important Notice! You Are Attempting To Perform Too Many Actions At Once for more information.
- If the slowness occurs only when accessing one specific page, such as the Defined Fields page of the Constituent's account, the slowness might be caused by having too many User Defined Fields on the page. There is not a limit to the number of fields you can have on a page, but the more fields we add, the slower the page will load. We can resolve this by disabling fields that are no longer in use; the steps to complete that process are available at How to disable a User Defined Field.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.