Results are returned based on PeopleGraphs ability to scan accounts.
If there is a person whom you know has a social media account, but isn't returned by Social Media Finder, it's likely because the owner of the account has privacy settings engaged.
Take Facebook for instance. Below is a screen capture from Facebook's privacy settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy:
The above settings mean that
- Only Friends of Friends can look up this account via my personal email address
- This means if I am friends with Stephen Colbert, and Stephen is friends with Jimmy Kimmell, then Jimmy can look me up by my email address and find me
- If Stephen is NOT friends with Jimmy Fallon, then Jimmy CAN NOT look me up by my email address.
- Anyone who has the account holder's phone number can look the account holder, but since PeopleGraph doesn't look up according to phone number, no result would be returned for it.
- Search Engines and data scrapers cannot link to the Facebook timeline for this account
Note: We provide links and information about third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve issues and answer questions. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing solution on these websites.