Set up receipt options:
1. In The Raiser's Edge, click on Online Express in the left navigation menu.
2. Click on Account in the upper right.
3. Select Receipt Options.
4. Set a starting receipt number.
- For the Canadian version of RE, this will be a new receipt stack. (Optionally consider creating a receipt stack called Online Express (OLX for short) and add the value in Batch after downloading.)
6. Enter the remaining fields as it should appear on the receipt. Don't forget to include your organization's Tax ID number.
7. Add a logo file.
8. Click Save.
Add receipts to donation and event registration forms
1. In Online Express, click on Donations or Events at the top.
2. Start a new form, or click Edit to open an existing form.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the 1 Get started tab.
4. Mark Generate receipts for this form.
5. Click Save and then 5 Thank yous tab (if editing) or Save & continue (if a new form).
6. On the Thank yous tab, click on the top box to edit the email (what is sent to the donor).
7. From each, click the Insert tab and then click Merge Fields.
8. Add the fields for <eReceipt Link> and <eReceipt Number>.
9. Edit the text as desired. (Note: The receipt is a standard template. Use the email to say what you wish to the donor.)
10. Scroll down and click on bottom box to edit the confirmation (what appears on the page after the donation is complete).
11. Repeat steps 7 - 9.
12. Click Save to save the updates.
13. Click Save & close (if finished editing the form) or Save & continue (if a new form).
How the receipts will appear
The receipts are currently a standard template. However, the email text and form confirmation text can be edited to create a customized message.
Online Express will create a PDF document and will generate a unique URL for the document. Be sure to include the eReceipt Link merge field in the email and/or confirmation so your donor can print the receipt. The receipt number and the eReceipt URL will download with the gift. The receipt will incorporate basic organization and donation information: