In NetCommunity version 6.64, any file that is uploaded to the Document part in NetCommunity will inherit the targeting and security designated on that part. Only users with the correct role would be able to view that file on the internet.
This was not a feature included in previous versions of NetCommunity.
NOTE: Changing the Targeting & Security of the Documents part will not change the security of files or documents uploaded through the documents part prior to the setting being changed.
They will retain the previous security setting which will have to be updated individually.
To review/update the security on the files or documents:
- Go to Site Explorer Files.
- Click on the Folder that the document part is linked to.
- Click on the Pencil next to the document to edit it's properties.
- Select the Targeting and Security tab.
- Update any Roles/Users assignments on the file according.