- Go to Analysis > Information Library.
- Click Add an ad-hoc query.
- Choose the source view of Revenue and click Ok.
- In the middle column "Select Revenue fields," select Authorization code under credit card and move this to Include Records Where. set the criteria to Equal to, then type in the 6 digit authorization code from BBMS or Cybersource.
- In the middle column, select Authorization code and move it to Results Fields to Display.
- In the middle column, select Name on Card and card number and move these fields to Results Fields to Display.
- Go to the Preview Results tab.
- If there are results, look for the result with the matching date, amount, last 4 digits of the credit card number, and name on card as BBMS or Cybersource. Note that the date may be different, depending on how it was entered in Altru, but multiple details should match. You can click on the correct result, then click Browse to find the record in Altru.
- If there are no results, then the credit card charge is not in Altru.
This issue can occur for a variety of reasons including the order being cancelled after swiping the card, the connectivity during the transaction as well as back office connectivity with our payment services. We are working with our payment services to team to develop a better process for handling this situation to alert the constituents as well as enable the system to better handle common flows of transactions. This is going to be a long term fix, and for the time being we can enter these transactions as a back office payment and match that payment to the unmatched disbursement or if it was a duplicate charge, you can refund it through BBMS.