To Drop a Student from a Course in onCampus:
- Go to onCampus
- Choose Academics from the People menu
- Select Manage Enrollment
- Search for the Student for whom you wish to drop a course
- Click drop to the right of the begin date
- You will be presented with three options
- Scheduling Error: This will remove the course from the Student's record
- Change Sections: This will drop the Student from the course. When you enroll them in the new section, the new teacher will be able to run the Grade Book report "Grades - For Dropped Courses" and add the grades from the previous section into their Grade Book
- Drop Course: This will drop the course, but leaves the course in the Student's record
- Lastly, you will see a Drop/Change Date field.
- To the right of the box where you can edit the date, you will see the current term dates in parenthesis.
Note: There is a red X present where the radio button for Scheduling Error will normally be. This is because a course cannot be dropped with the selection Scheduling Error once grades are recorded for the Student. If you want to remove a Student due to a Scheduling Error, and grades have been recorded, you will need to remove all grades from the students record before this option will be able to be selected.
When a Student is dropped or a section is changed within the current Term Dates:
Note: Regardless of what date is chosen, the course will immediately be removed from the Student's classes menu.For example: Student Samuel Aveeno was enrolled in English 1-2 (F). You can see this course listed in his Classes menu.
On the date that the English 1-2(F) course is dropped for Samuel (this is the date you click Save & Exit within Manage Enrollments, not the date selected in the Drop/Change Date field) the English 1-2(F) course will be removed from Samuel's Classes menu.
Can a Student be Dropped Outside of the Current Term Dates?
A Student cannot be dropped outside of the current term dates. Doing so will produce an error that will state "Date must be between" and will list the current term dates.
For Example: If you are a school with a first and second semester setup which you can see by selecting Years & Terms from the School menu in Core, and you are dropping a Student from a year long course. If you want that Student to be dropped at a point during the second semester, you will need to click drop next to the class and within the term you wish to remove them.
If a Student is dropped from a course and enrolled in a course on the same day:
Although the course will be removed from the Student's Classes menu, it will still take 24 hours to remove them fully from the course. This means that the teacher will be able to take Attendance for the Student in the dropped course on the same day the Student is dropped. You will notice in the example below, that the Student Samuel Aveeno was dropped from his English course today (the drop is notated by a small d) and that his teacher Peter Bacon, can still take Attendance for him in this course.
What Displays to the Report Card/Transcript when a Course is Dropped and Grades Have Been Recorded
The Course name and the recorded grades. If grades have been recorded for a Student and you drop them from a course, that course and the grades will display on both the Report Card and the Transcript.
What Displays on the Report Card/Transcript when a Course is Dropped and Grades Have Not Been Recorded
Nothing. If grades have not been recorded for a Student and you drop them from a course, that course will be removed from both the Report Card and the Transcript.